Building a custom home in Arizona is more than a dream – it’s a journey. From choosing the perfect lot, to selecting and designing a floor plan and architectural features, and through construction, 4 Gen Homes has the experience, passion, and proven results to make this process smooth, efficient and always with a focus on quality.
For more than two-decades, David Mikes have focused on designing, developing and building luxury custom homes throughout the Valley. We understand the feeling that comes with building a custom home, and rely on our experience, education, and exceptional work ethic to walk you through all phases of this process. We handle each aspect of your custom home building project from pre-construction planning, to design, and construction.
To produce quality results, we stay true to a proven process that allows our valued clients to stay on-top of all phases of custom home building.
You’ve worked exceptionally hard to be in the position to customize your dream home – and we work just as hard to see it through. The custom home journey begins during the pre-construction planning phase, where we meet with you, outline all aspects of the project, and provide you with an initial plan; allowing you to gain a big-picture perspective. We deliver an unparalleled personal approach in all aspects of the custom home development process, which includes the following individual steps.
- During our initial consultation, we’ll outline the entire 4 Gen home building experience.
- We’ll listen to you by discussing what you are looking for in your custom home such as the location, square footage, total bedrooms, garages, outdoor spaces and more.
- The 4 Gen team will also outline all financing options, so we understand the scope of the project from the beginning.
Presentation Review of the Preliminary Estimate
- Once we’ve outlined the project, 4 Gen Homes will discuss the preliminary design process and present a preliminary estimate for the custom home project.
- After you review and agree to the terms, we’ll sign a preliminary design contract and collect a preliminary design deposit.
Home Site Discovery
- 4 Gen Homes will help you locate and purchase a lot to build your custom home in Arizona (if you have not already made this decision).
- We will review the lot, including the topography and access to utilities, discuss the preliminary layout of the home situation on the lot and review the pros and cons before a decision is made.
The Design Process of Building a Custom Home in Arizona
While the pre-construction phase is exciting, the design phase is where the real fun begins. 4 Gen will manage every aspect of home design, from elevation, floor plan, interior and exterior finishes, and landscaping features throughout the property. This phase includes several, individual steps as listed below:
- We will meet with the architect and interior designer to review the specifications and design style of the home.
- Our clients will then approve the preliminary floor plan and front elevation.
- As a team, we’ll discuss final design process.
- Review and sign a build contract.
Interior and Exterior Selections
- The 4 Gen Homes team will meet with you and review the final interior and exterior selections of the home.
- Interior finishes and colorizations to be determined including plumbing, appliances, fixtures, cabinetry, flooring, etc.
- Exterior finishes and colorizations to be determined including roofing, exterior surfaces (stucco, siding, stone, etc.) and landscaping features, (hardscape and pools).
Final Design and Construction Documentation
- Create engineering documents including mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural, low voltage, civil and soil reports based on approved architectural plans.
Home Building / Construction Process
Now it’s time to break ground on your custom home building project in Valley. Throughout this process, 4 Gen Homes will conduct site walks, keep you in the loop with all construction-related communication and always with a focus on open transparency throughout the construction phase.
Pre-Construction / Ground Breaking
- We begin demolition and preparation of the lot.
- Together, we will review the construction schedule, discuss target dates and present our client with a field meeting schedule.
- Corners of your new home will be marked and we will approve the location.
Construction Progress Meetings
- Review schedule and discuss target dates.
- Monthly site walks and meetings will occur to discuss progress of construction as well as budget.
- Begin final home preparation. Client will attend a final home demonstration.
- We will review all warranty information and procedures of the home.
- Financial wrap-up.
- Schedule and complete closing.
While there is a lot of information above, to be honest – the process for building a custom home in Arizona is made much easier when you work with 4 Gen Homes. We take pride in our open, clear and honest communication with every client we work with and our dedication to superior customer service is unmatched. If you’d like to engage in conversation about designing, developing and building a luxury custom home in Arizona, don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to turning your dreams into an exciting journey.
- 1730 E. Northern Ave, Suite 112 Phoenix AZ 85020
- (602 ) – 694-7030